Legacy Software Modernisation
Frustrated with wasting money on a slow under-performing legacy IT system? We can build you a powerful system that will help your business.
Our legacy modernisation service means you do not have to struggle with the daily challenges of outdated legacy systems. One Beyond will seamlessly replace or rebuild legacy systems to enable your business to continue without disruption.
What is Legacy Software?
Many organisations still rely on legacy IT systems and products, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep these systems maintained. Skilled personnel are becoming scarce in older technology stacks, and the systems often run on legacy hardware which is unreliable and expensive. The system security is in doubt and upgrading it all seems daunting.
Legacy Modernisation Challenges
Some of the most common challenges businesses face regarding legacy modernisation include:
- Complexity of existing software, with undocumented process complexity;
- Management uncertain as to whether modernisation investment is needed;
- Business disruption during the process;
- Whether there are sufficient resources to facilitate the software project;
- How to manage modernisation costs.
Benefits of Legacy Software Modernisation
Legacy software modernisation is the first step towards true business agility. We understand that clients want to respond quickly to market change, have fewer costs and happier staff. One Beyond will be able to deliver your legacy software modernisation to remove time-consuming manual workarounds so that an organisation can deliver high-quality outcomes for its customers. Modern software systems allow our clients to be a part of recent innovations that are releasing significant business value, such as cloud computing, big data and mobility.
One Beyond’s Modernisation Process
Research and Businesses Insights
We know that our clients understand the need for modern software to support a growing business, but we are always aware it is a daunting prospect.
Our clients are in safe hands. As a first step, we’ll spend time with your employees and partners to understand the business, its current issues, and what the new system needs to be able to deliver. We also take on board suggested improvements they suggest for the workflow process as well as any functionality that must stay to enable them to do their job; this is crucial as the process of modernising client technology is unique to each company.
We also spend time thoroughly analysing and documenting existing systems, ensuring no stone is left unturned. In our experience, this is the key to a smooth system changeover. At this early design stage, we supply a prototype of the new system to help clients visualise how it will look, feel and work.
Clients have two options available:
- We can bring across certain functionality – for example, proprietary business processes or formulas – on to a new system that’s able to interface effectively with newer technologies.
- Or, build a completely new system with the option to “switch off” the old legacy system at the end of the process.
If upgrading your legacy system, in most cases data in the old system needs to be “migrated” or moved to the new system. In some cases, the data needs to be synchronised between the old and new systems to ensure a side-by-side system rollout can occur. We’re well versed in managing complex data migration scenarios, so clients can rely on us to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Whichever option is chosen, we’ll use the very latest, powerful technologies to build a blueprint for a system that drives efficiencies by:
- Controlling the input of data;
- Streamlining how the data flows through the workflow stages;
- Ensuring that your team completes tasks effectively;
- Warning you when something appears abnormal;
- Guiding the user through each task so nothing falls through cracks, is misinterpreted or incorrectly entered.
The outcome will be informed management, productive users and happy customers.